Help the Child to Calm Down or Focus through Deep Touch Pressure
Suitable for children with autism, ADHD, sensory processing disorder, and tendency to anxiety
- Combines the sensory input tool with a wearable by applying pressure to sensitive areas of the body. Simply place the vest over your child's clothing, and watch your little one return to feeling grounded and in control.
A perfect addition to the classroom, pack the weighted compression vest with your child's school supplies for on-the-go sensory integration therapy. It works well on travel, too! Improve both their and your car rides with a vest providing deep pressure sensory input.
- Combine both the weighting effect of sand bags and compression effect by Velcro to bring about deep touch pressure.
- Recommended to put on for 15-30 mins each time to bring calming effect for an hour.
- The compression weighted vest for kids is made out of soft neoprene and is built to last. Unlike other brands, Harkla has built-in ventilation using mesh to make sure your child stays cool while receiving the sensory integration therapy benefits.
- Come with 6 sand bags of 2lb weight in total - 0.25lb x4, 0.5lb x2
- 6 pockets on the inside of the vest - 2 on the front, 4 on the back
Deep Touch Pressure
Deep Touch Pressure (DTP) is just like hugging. It is a way to apply pressure to your body, in turn, the body releases serotonin and melatonin, which both help the nervous system to relax and calm down. Sleep is thus improved.
How to choose the correct weight?
Rule of thumb: 5-10% of your bodyweight
- Soft Neoprene, Mesh, Velcro
Made in China