Learning to Use Straw; Reduce the Chance of Choking when Drinking
Suitable for individuals who easily choke due to oral motor issues
- ARK's Lip Blok® mouthpieces are simple yet effective oral motor tools.
- They naturally exercise the mouth muscles to discourage tongue-thrusting, promote tongue retraction, and correct overall tongue positioning.
- They also prevent individuals from biting the straw or putting it too far into their mouths. Simply press them into the top of a straw, and drink.
- Made in USA, medical-graded materials, FDA-compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
Lip Bloks come in three different lengths
- 0.75” (Yellow)
- Stage 1, to help users accommodate with Lip Blok®
- 0.5” (Blue)
- Stage 2. Once the individual becomes accustomed to 0.75", switch to 0.5"
- 0.25” (Turquoise)
- Stage 3
- This hierarchy slowly teaches individuals to put less and less of the straw into their mouths. When only 1⁄4” is inside the mouth, fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to manage and less likely to cause coughing or aspiration. With shorter lengths, you also get a better oral motor workout, as the tongue retracts more, the lips seal better, and the cheeks have more tension.
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws (measuring 0.25" in diameter)
- Use of these products should be supervised at all times.
Made in USA