Learning to Use Straw; Reduce the Chance of Choking when Drinking
Suitable for individuals who easily choke due to oral motor issues
- ARK's popular Lip Blok® is now available in flexible versions!
- These simple yet effective oral motor tools naturally exercise the mouth muscles to discourage tongue thrusting, promote tongue retraction, and correct overall tongue positioning.
- They also prevent individuals from biting the straw and/or putting it too far into their mouths. Simply press them into the top of a straw, and drink.
- Made in USA, medical-graded materials, FDA-compliant
- NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
Training with Flexible Lip Blok®
- When purchased, the Flexible Lip Blok® measures 3/4" in length. Once the individual becomes accustomed to that length, trim the mouthpiece slightly.
- Once the individual is comfortable drinking from the new length, trim it slightly again.
- Repeat until the mouthpiece measures 1/4" in length.
- This hierarchy slowly teaches individuals to put less and less of the straw into their mouths. When only 1⁄4” is inside the mouth, fluid is deposited in the front of the mouth where it is easier to manage and less likely to cause coughing aspiration. With shorter lengths, you also get a better oral motor workout, as the tongue retracts more, the lips seal better, and the cheeks have more tension.
- Compatible with most regular drinking straws (measuring 0.25" in diameter)
- Use of these products should be supervised at all times.
Made in USA